Friday, June 7, 2013

How I get ready in 10 minutes


For those moms out there you know how hard it can be to get ready in the morning. If you are like me with an energetic child running around asking for everything but the kitchen sink and a baby who just isn't happy unless being held, getting ready can seem impossible. I however have found a few simple ways that make my life so much easier and get me looking somewhat presentable for the day. I used to spend about an hour each day getting ready. This was of course before I had children. Once my first baby came I had no idea how to juggle trying to shower, blow dry my hair and take care of a fussy baby who never wanted to nap when I needed her to. There were many days where makeup never touched my face. I was lucky to even get a shower in and blow drying my hair became a thing of the past. Now I have 2 beautiful children and things seem to be a whole lot simpler, believe it or not.

Here are my secrets to getting ready in the morning...

First thing, SHOWER AT NIGHT! That's right! Put your precious babies to bed at a decent time, I recommend 7-7:30pm. This has worked wonders for our family. My babies sleep much better with an early bedtime and I get some "me" time at night. I love to take a long, hot uninterrupted shower right before bed. Once I'm showered I brush my hair and put it up in a bun. I do not dry it. Yep, I sleep with wet hair tied up. It has never made me sick, I believe that is a myth. And since it's tied back I don't get my bed all wet at night.

In the morning, usually while my little girl is sitting on the potty, I pull my hair out of the bun, brush it and give it a quick blow dry. This usually takes less than a minute since my hair is somewhat dry but damp. I also have very thick, long hair and this doesn't take long. I then brush my teeth, grab the baby and 3 year old and head downstairs. I usually don't get dressed yet because my little ones like to wake up before 7am. I don't usually have anywhere to be that early.

Around 8am my baby goes down for a nap. That's when I get dressed and ready for the day. Since I'm already showered and my hair is dry it takes me less than 10 minutes to get ready. I usually don't wear a lot of makeup but I do wear mineral foundation, eye shadow, eye liner and mascara. I slap my face together in just a few minutes. Then comes my hair. While I am applying my makeup my flatiron is heating up. After my makeup is done I clip my hair up in sections and run my flatiron through my hair. I used to spend a long time making sure each and every strand of hair was perfectly straight. Now I don't mind a little way. It no longer bothers me and adds some bounce to my hair. Now I just tame it a little by running the flatiron through it. It looks much more put together and less frizzy. I top it off with a little hair spray and I'm done! Easy as that!

I think once you become a mom you do things a lot faster and don't stress over the little things. My husband used to hate waiting an hour plus for me to get ready. Now he likes that I can be ready so fast and we can get out the door on the weekends in record time.

No comments:

Post a Comment