Thursday, June 6, 2013

Tinker Bell 3rd Birthday Party


Our little Addison turned 3 years old this year! Hard to believe she is already 3 and full of sass! This years party theme was Tinker Bell. We decided to rent the large indoor Gazebo this year for her party and forgo the madness of having a party at our house. I'd like to say having the party at the Gazebo was less work but sadly it seemed like more. There were very heavy table and chairs to put up and take down and a lot of cleaning up after the party. However there was a lot of space for the kids to run, play and scream their little hearts out. Our little girl had a blast! If you notice the picture of her crying and think that I am a bad mom for taking it then you obviously don't know our little Addison. She is one very emotional little girl and can break out in tears faster than anyone I know. One day when she looks back on these pictures I have a feeling she will laugh.

As for the party we went with very simple food to please all of the little children and their parents. We did hot dogs in the crock pot, which was an AMAZING idea, thanks Pinterest! I loaded the dogs in the crock and cooked them on low for 4 hours. They came out great. I also, made my family's famous carrot cake recipe. It was to die for! The adults at the party gobbled it up! The kids preferred the cupcakes which was fine by the adults because that meant more carrot cake for them. We also had macaroni and cheese, fruit, chips, beans, veggies and dip to go along with the hot dogs. It wasn't an expensive feast but our guests seemed to enjoy it.

For entertainment for the kids we did a pinata, bubble machine and my husband made balloon animals. The kids had a blast running around with their balloon swords and popping bubbles. They are so easy to entertain at this age. All in all I think the party was a success and I was one tired momma. Thank goodness birthdays only come once a year. I swore after this party I wasn't going to do another large birthday party again for a long time however I know myself and I have a feeling I will start planning for next years parties before the end of this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment