Friday, October 21, 2011

Halloween Boo Sign

My friend texted me a picture of a cute BOO sign she made out of wood with a little paint and ribbon. I thought it was so cute and wanted to make one. My house is lacking in Halloween decorations big time! I asked my husband if he would cut me some wood squares. Well he never got around to it so today I took it upon myself to make a sign out of cardboard instead. It won't last as long as wood but I think it still turned out pretty cute. I cut three strips of cardboard from a diaper box (which I always seem to have) and folded each once twice into a square. I used a small piece of tape to fasten the end. I covered each square like a present with brown paper I found in my husbands toolbox. Then I painted each square with orange paint and then used white and black paint to create the dots and letters. Once it was all dry I used ribbon and a hot glue gun to attach all three squares. I think it turned out cute enough to hang in my house for Halloween. Maybe next year I will make one out of wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment