Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Homemade Mini Bean Bags


I woke up this morning to no cable or Internet. The wind was so bad last night it knocked down a tower. We usually don't watch a lot of TV during the day but it's nice to have some background noise or watch a show when Addison naps. With no Internet meant no Pandora, which we love to listen to. It was also nasty outside so Addison and I would not be venturing out in bad weather. I decided to make a game for Addison and I to play today. I made bean bags! I used old squares of fabric that I had (they were from old baby clothes that I had cut months ago). I pulled out my sewing machine and sewed two pieces of fabric together inside out then turned them right side out and filled them with dry beans. My husband had bought a few bags of dry beans last week upon my request. I knew I would want them for a craft soon. They were only $1 a bag! After I filled them with beans I hand sewed the ends close. Addison (my almost 18 month old baby girl) loved them!!! They were very fast and easy to make and once Addison had a hold of them she was tossing them all over the living room. We set a basked in the hall and played a game with tossing them in the basket from the couch. Once my husband woke up he joined in on our game. It was a lot of fun!

**WARNING**
 If you make bean bags with dry beans we aware that the beans are a choking hazard. Do not let your small child play with the beans. If you are worried your child will be able to get the beans out of the bag once made supervise them while playing with the bean bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment