Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Yum! Yum!

This afternoon I put Addison in her bouncer so I could finish up a few things on the computer. As she started bouncing wild with excitement I noticed she was chewing on something. I thought this was strange since I didn't give her anything to eat. What could she possibly be eating? I rushed over to her and tried to pry her little mouth open. She absolutely hates when I do this but sometimes she leaves me no other option. In the right side of her mouth I could see something black floating around. What could that possibly be? What had my child found and put in her mouth now? I quickly scooped her up and out of the bouncer and placed her on the bed. By this time she started to choke on the foreign object. I went into full on mom emergency mode!!! I grabbed her little face and shoved both of my fingers into her mouth to retrieve whatever she thought she could eat. To my surprise out came a three inch black piece of yarn. This looked very much like a piece of our living room carpet. My little scavenger must of pulled it free from the carpet and decided it would make a nice snack. After almost giving me a heart attack I explained to Addison that we cannot eat everything we find on the ground. I'm not sure how much of this she understood since she is only 9 1/2 months old. What is a mom to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment